February 10, 5:30pm
Call for speakers deadline: January 29
Sign up here!
Hunter Library and the Technology Commons are seeking speakers for 7-minute lightning talks on the topics of Digital Humanities, digital scholarship, and the Maker movement. This is a fun, informal event for the WCU community to share and learn from each other. Let’s spark innovation and collaboration on campus!
Not sure what to talk about? How about…
– Map making in the classroom
– Using microcontrollers to collect data
– Creating digital exhibits
– Recording and editing podcasts
– Making infographics and data visualizations
– Other projects that use digital tools or embrace the maker/DIY ethic
What’s a lightning talk? It’s short (less than 7 minutes), the slides are done Pecha Kucha style (20 slides, shown for 20 seconds each), and feature mostly images (as few words as possible).
Questions? Contact Elizabeth Skene, Digital Initiatives Librarian, email@example.com.